weekend 13 and 14 August

What Nomadic events are coming up. Also, if anyone's planning a non-Nomadically-arranged trip and/or looking for others to join in.

Moderator: Moderators

Sue
surf god
surf god

weekend 13 and 14 August

Post by Sue »

Anyone planning to sail this weekend?

Thinking Wales is best bet - given the tide is not so good at WSM and Portland.

Tomorrow looks a little grey and drizzly over on the sunny side - although appears there should be wind. Sunday may be a little brighter?

Any thoughts?

Sue :D
Nature playing with windsurfers
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

I'm going to the wet side for rugby tomorrow so was hoping to go somewhere on Sunday. But I'm struggling to find somewhere with enough wind to make a drive worth while on Sunday. however I would be interested if anyone has any plans or inspired inspiration.
Graham
Justin
surf god
surf god

weekend

Post by Justin »

Working Saturday and Sunday :( .
Going to try for an after work sail at WSM both days. Sunday looking very promising, if you don't mind a bit of a walk :wink: .
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Looks like I'll be giving today a miss, as I'm not inspired by anywhere, and no takers!

But, is Knap a possibilty tomorrow? Low tide 3.15 (ish) - not sure how far past low tide we sail? Maybe an hour.. or bit longer? Will keep an eye on it. Anyone else interested if it's working?

Sue
surf god
surf god

Re: weekend

Post by Sue »

Justin wrote:Working Saturday and Sunday :( .
Going to try for an after work sail at WSM both days. Sunday looking very promising, if you don't mind a bit of a walk :wink: .
Hi Justin

Agree Sunday looks promising windwise for WSM. Am put off by how late the tide is, though - and lack of beach at high tide :???: !!

Loz
beach starter
beach starter

Post by Loz »

Planning on sailing Sunday at Weston.
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Not sure you've got the tide right for Knap Sue, Easy Tide says its 14-20 with the hour for DST. I think it depends on the wind how long you can sail, I've been there for about 3/4 of an hour, but as soon as you see your self drifting down the beach, time to come in.
Graham
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Hi Graham

I'm not sure where I got that tide time from either now .. :???: ! As you say, looks to be between 2.20pm (BBC) and about 2.50pm Big Salty - but in any event relatively early in the afternoon. Noone else seems to be going, so not keen for a solo outing there.

I would like to give the vgrip boom another try before taking it back to Richard - so will take J&L's lead and follow them to WSM, with the aim of getting on the water as soon the tide allows :D - yes a v long walk expected :lol: . Expecting the beach to be packed, as it was earlier this week on a weekday :roll: . You coming along ? Anyone else ?

Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Seriously thinking about it Sue as there seems little other options. With HT at 20-20 I'm not keen on the late finish and associated traffic. I assume the plan would be to get there about about 16-00, any chance that the Car Park will have started to clear by then?

The forecast on MetofficeBeta looks promising.

Time Description Temp Wind Dir Wind Gust(mph)

1300 Sunny intervals 17 W 15 25
1600 Sunny 17 W 19 32
1900 Sunny 17 W 18 29
2200 Clear sky (night) 15 WNW 14 -
Graham
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Hi Graham

The other option is Axbridge, as the wind seems to building already (live reading link - which is actually "on" today :D !):

http://www.bcyc.org.uk/weatherlink/Current_Monitor.htm

But I can imagine the wind will have nicely kicked in when it is time to come off the water.

Nomads live weather page shows high tide at 7.45pm. Apparently Justin reckons sailing should be possible by 5.15, with the walk! Could be a really pleasant evening (sunny and windy) sail there this evening. I'd have thought the car park would be clearing by late afternoon - maybe park further down the sand to rig up, and then move car well back before going on the water for the "high" high tide, when hopefully there will be spaces available. Yes, the plan would be to get there 4.00ish, if not a little before for the "which" kit ditherers (ie me :D !)

Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

Hmmm, might be tempted..... :?:
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Car Packed so I'm committed. It seems quite windy here in Wilts so I hope it still there when we get to WSM.
Graham
Mark Gregory
carve gyber
carve gyber

Post by Mark Gregory »

Hi All, think I might be tempted, as can't seem to get motivated to do anything around the house! My kit and myself can do with another tumble in those nice clean waves!! :roll:

See you down there

Mark 8)
Welcome to the Surf
Mark Gregory
carve gyber
carve gyber

Post by Mark Gregory »

Van Packed and ready to go!! 8)
Welcome to the Surf