Coed y Brenin 21st, 22nd

Ok - Windsurfing it isn't. This is the mountain bikers splinter group for when the wind don't blow!

Moderator: Moderators

steve powell
wave rider
wave rider

Coed y Brenin 21st, 22nd

Post by steve powell »

Viv and I have a precious weekend off and are planning a couple of rides at Coed y Brenin. Probably B&B saturday night locally.
If anyone is interested you're more than welcome.

Cheers
Steve
I will learn to carve! (and jump)
Adrian
surf god
surf god

Post by Adrian »

I would have joined you but my Mother is visiting this weekend so I would not be popular. Have a good one.

I will be planning a local ride on the Ridgeway or in the Warminster area as a maximum distance

Adrian
RaV
surf god
surf god

Post by RaV »

Hi,

Sounds great but I have to work Saturday and we're off to the Quantocks on Sunday.

Hope you have a good one :D
Paul McCormack
carve gyber
carve gyber

Post by Paul McCormack »

Hi

I can't I'm off for a weekend riding in the lakes otherwise would have loved to.

Have a great ride :D

Paul
Onwards and upwards
NigelP
surf god
surf god

Post by NigelP »

I hope to join RAV on Sunday. Enjoy.
Windsurfers do it standing at the bar
Ian Long
surf god
surf god

Post by Ian Long »

Alas can't make a long journey for MTBing at the moment, however we did manage to sneak out in the sunshine first thing this morning and give Axel his first (brief) introduction to MTBing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If found, please return to the pub.
NigelP
surf god
surf god

Post by NigelP »

What a glorious day. Joined Rob, Vicky and six others for a magical mystery tour around the Quantocks. Rob was in his element taking us down some excellent technical sections and up that 'one last climb'.

Last time I was on the Quantocks the 'chute' (or is it gulley?) was made impassable by fallen trees. This time there was only one touch of limbo dancing on wheels. It is a great section, although I did dab/chicken out three or four times.

On the DH course I could have gone out the front door a couple of times. On the first of these, my chainring caught and I completed the transition with a full body flop. On the second I was so preoccupied by the drop that I failed to notice a large branch sticking out at about axle height, so I came to an abrupt halt (Considering the alternative, this was an excellent outcome)

Rob told us how he had found a couple 'In flagrante,’ which definitely added a sense of anticipation for each blind bend.

When the sun shines it makes a great day even better :lol: :lol: :lol:

Track log attached and a map is available on request. Stats: 16 mi 3,400 ft ascent
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windsurfers do it standing at the bar