W/e 18 & 19

Ok - Windsurfing it isn't. This is the mountain bikers splinter group for when the wind don't blow!

Moderator: Moderators

NigelP
surf god
surf god

W/e 18 & 19

Post by NigelP »

Is anyone coming out to play this weekend?

Not even a fart is forecast for Weston on Windguru.
Windsurfers do it standing at the bar
Paul McCormack
carve gyber
carve gyber

Post by Paul McCormack »

I can't sorry I'm on the Dark Side :twisted: again ! Have a good ride. :D
Onwards and upwards
dro
surf god
surf god

hmmm

Post by dro »

if heading west could be interested
Wife in Oxford and common sense locked in downstairs locker
so as long as your brakes are rubbing badly would be nice to limp around
behind you

Yours very cautiously

Lord Timid

PS
a fart sounds like my ideal wind level
What do you mean not ENOUGH wind ?
Adrian
surf god
surf god

Post by Adrian »

I am doing a ride back from Newbury on Saturday

Adrian
steve powell
wave rider
wave rider

Post by steve powell »

Anyone fancy Cwmcarn on Sunday with Viv & me. Late morning start....(limping appropriately)
Steve
I will learn to carve! (and jump)
NigelP
surf god
surf god

Post by NigelP »

I look forward to joining you on Sunday and Martin will probably be coming along for the ride. :D

Is "(limping appropriately)" an anagram of the start time or is this another malady? :cry:

Thanks for the offer of a Newbury ride Adrian, however I am not sure my bike can travel that far. :roll:

Maybe see you on Sunday Hugh? I am pleased to report that my brakes are now fixed but my wallet is badly damaged.
dro
surf god
surf god

have a nice day

Post by dro »

Cwmcarn a little outside my comfort zone (poor traveller and working late afternoon
so dog,Plwm and I will probably head Brechfa way

Have a good ride
Hope to see you on one of the away days

AND WILL BRING MY PENNIES
o great and wonderful treasurer

Lt
What do you mean not ENOUGH wind ?
NigelP
surf god
surf god

Post by NigelP »

Martin and I suggest we arrive in time for an eleven o clock start, if that is agreeable
NigelP
surf god
surf god

Post by NigelP »

I felt positively youthful, riding with a group of prospective grandparents. :lol: But unfortunately, they were still faster than me on the downhills. :oops:

Martin was on fire clearing most of the uphill obstacles. I too might have cleared the Cwm Carn trail if it had not been for the concrete ramp (……….and about 149 other dabs, including an attempt at a full body dab within feet of the car park)

The only noticeable change to the trail (since last Sept) was a slight flattening of the ramp below the wooden jumps. I am not sure if the table tops have changed or if I was going a little faster, but a few times my feet were about a foot above the pedals (if you can excuse the pun).

It was a wonderfully sunny day, great company and caped off by an equally delightful visit to the pub afterwards. This is how biking should be! :D :D :D
kelvin
surf god
surf god

Post by kelvin »

oh nigel your not very observant are you !
trail changes
revamp of the free ride area , the run into the ladder racks has been smothed out so you can hit it faster :shock:
The ladder jump landing has been leveled and width increased so top ramp now easier :wink:
Rest of free ride smothed for a better flow , with some small doubles and just before the table top a mean treble jump , most will ride it as 3 humps!
Bottom of xc before carpark modified - the short cut runs through all the twists and turns are all blocked so you have to stick to the trail and a nice little kicker stone installed right at end for a little air time .

Mind you the biggest improvement needed is the service in cafe --- 20 mins wait for a coffe :???:
forget dreaming "its time to loop"
kel www.winsurfing.co.uk
Adrian
surf god
surf god

Post by Adrian »

I racked up 34 leisurely miles and 1500 ft of climbing on a sunny and remarkably dry climb up to and along the ridgeway to home.

Adrian
NigelP
surf god
surf god

Post by NigelP »

Kel

OK, I confess, I had my eyes closed at the time :oops: . Although it might explain why I hit the ramps faster that normal. We opted for the pub in preference to the cafe, but a 20 mins wait for service is already a vast improvement.

Adrian, I am still not convinced that '34 miles' and 'leisurely' go together

Nigel
MartinF
surf god
surf god

Post by MartinF »

kelvin wrote:... and a nice little kicker stone installed right at end for a little air time .
Yep - that took me by surprise when I hit it!!
kelvin wrote:Mind you the biggest improvement needed is the service in cafe --- 20 mins wait for a coffe :???:
We've been there before. So we shunned the nasty caff in favour of the Maenllwyd Arms, Rudry. A 15 min drive away through wonderful countryside, for good food and good beer. Definitely better than the caff!
It's an ill wind that never blows at all.