Neroli's forks live again.....

The place for discussions on what piece might fit where, where to buy it from, how to fit it, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Ian Long
surf god
surf god

Neroli's forks live again.....

Post by Ian Long »

While cleaning the bikes at the end of today's ride, I checked Neroli's front forks. Either they are completely dry of oil, or she has managed to bend them or both.
Looks like I was a little harsh in my initial assessment. The forks weren't bent, they were full of water!

They have now been regreased and lubed and are working fine again (for the moment.....)
If found, please return to the pub.
MartinF
surf god
surf god

Post by MartinF »

Water is such a poor lubricant for forks - pretty cheapskate of you to try substituting water for proper lube oil :wink:
Last edited by MartinF on Sat Jan 08, 2005 19:07, edited 1 time in total.
It's an ill wind that never blows at all.
Ian Long
surf god
surf god

High maintenance wife

Post by Ian Long »

May be I was a bit hasty - "working fine". I can compress them, but only 40mm or so by putting all my weight on them. Neroli can hardly move them at all.

Posh new forks are on the way......
Ian Long
surf god
surf god

Post by Ian Long »

New forks fitted & set up - Marzocchi MX Comp ETA 105mm, yum yum. :D :D

If there is no wind this weekend, blame Neroli, it is because she wants to try out her new toys. 8)
Al Donald
surf god
surf god

Post by Al Donald »

Unfortunately Saturday is looking wet and only froce 3/4 so not ideal for bike or sail. Nice forks though! The air/coil combination should overcome the slight stickiness that can affect some air forks. I must say I've struggled for a while now to decide whether to go with coil or air forks on my new bike. Currently I am favouring coil, but you may have the perfect solution!