Cheap Tushingham Storm 5.7 and 6M

Place your ads here to get rid of all the unwanted kit that someone else needs.

Moderator: Moderators

Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Cheap Tushingham Storm 5.7 and 6M

Post by Graham_U »

I have two Tushy Storms approx. 2004/5 vintage that I got second hand that are taking up space in my garage so could do with a new home. Ideal for anyone on a tight budget or wants a cheap sail in this range:

5.7 was purchased privately about 3 or 4 years back for £100, it was in reasonable condition at the time with one small Bristol sails repair, and plenty of life in it. I've only used it twice in that time as having a 5.5 and 6M I only ever took it out when I was short of space so its got plenty of life in it. Unfortunately it now has an extra hole in the luff tube thanks to the mice last winter, but you can still thread the mast through it with care and so still usable or you could get it repaired if that concerned. Bargain at £45.

6.0 was purchased from Windy world about 5 years back for £120, and does get used more often. It is in used condition and the only reason it needs to go is I already have a new sail to replace it which I've had for a couple of years and would really like to use. This sail managed to avoid the mice, thanks to the WSM sand but does have the usual signs of ware for its age. Yours for £65.

PM, phone(see Newsletter), or post below if interested and I can send you pics etc. The sails are currently in my garage in North Wilts but can be taken when next heading for the water.
Graham
dro
surf god
surf god

Re: Cheap Tushingham Storm 5.7 and 6M

Post by dro »

Would like the 6 m please.will pick it up next time we meet
I can send u a cheque or pay on meeting
Lost your phone no so let me know what you want

Huw
What do you mean not ENOUGH wind ?
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Huw has taken the 6M but the bargain 5.7 is still available. I used it at WSM yesterday just to make sure it was OK. It works fine, you just need to take a little care when threading the tip of the mast passed the mice hole.
Graham
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Re: Cheap Tushingham Storm 5.7

Post by Graham_U »

Some photos of the 5.7 in case any one is interested in a cheap sail.
Storm 5.7<br />Full view of Sail
Storm 5.7
Full view of Sail
Mouse Luff damage
Mouse Luff damage
Pro Repaired Panel
Pro Repaired Panel
Reverse full view of sail
Reverse full view of sail
Graham
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

I've now got a replacement for the 5.7M so open to reasonable offer for the old Storm 5.7.
Graham
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Well the old 5.7M storm has gone to a good home, Phil has it as cover while he gets his shinny new 5.7 repaired after using it as a trampoline last week at Weston :???:

The Storm was certainly a bit tatty, and has a few stickers over the some areas (just like Justin's finest :) ) but it still works pretty well as a sail, so long as you got the mast pass the mouse hole. Since the mice made the "go faster" holes I had relegated it to my WSM quiver, I don't like getting all that Mud and Sand over my better sails if I can avoid it :???: ! So I've had 12 decent wind/wave sessions out of it in that role since mice day, and Phil took it straight off the water with added sand. Hope it survives a few more session for Phil :D
Graham