Sat 10 July

What Nomadic events are coming up. Also, if anyone's planning a non-Nomadically-arranged trip and/or looking for others to join in.

Moderator: Moderators

Sue
surf god
surf god

Sat 10 July

Post by Sue »

Anyone thinking WSM may be OK later today? Inshore waters shows a decent wind strength, but I don't know where all that wind is at the moment - not round here anyway :roll:
Sue
Nature playing with windsurfers
Keith S
wave rider
wave rider

Post by Keith S »

Was thinking about Axbridge or Weston later on but windguru (10 knots SSW ish) and xcweather have dropped the forecast wind. So now in dither mode. Even tho' it's warm, will Weston work if there's cloud cover?
Richard
surf god
surf god

Post by Richard »

Could be tempted away from the security of in-land waters if there are other's around.......
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

I'm not a WSM expert (have only been a handful of times!) - Justin and Matt are though :D

My understanding is that there is more chance of the wind really blowing in and getting the Weston local effect when it's a W wind with sun. As it is a S/ SWdirection there is possibly less chance of it happening, but windsurfers are always optimistic and you never know there could just be a gale around the corner for this afternoon that the forecasters don't know about!

I think Axbridge will be pants today, Keith, unless you want to do light wind twiddly / twirly things. Sailing at Weston would be Ok from about 4 - 4.30, so I'll leave it a bit before deciding.

Actually, it's SE at moment at weston, yet forecasted for SW. Who knows what is happening !!

But if the wind does get up, then I'm up for WSM again.

Sue
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Now it's raining - that wasn't on any forecasts for today .. :roll:

Sue
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Perhaps I should change my sign-off to "Nature playing with windsurfers!"

I'll shut up now and do some chores!
Sue
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Anyone pondering on going to WSM? XCweather says 15mph at Bristol airport at the moment (not sure what it's doing on the beach). So can't be far off planing weather with big kit. What do you think?

Sue
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

I think it's generally picking up. There are some bigger arrows all across the SW on XC weather.
(Please don't hold me accountable though if it doesn't amount to
much :wink: )

Now 16mph at Bristol airport ... it's encouraging??
Sue
Keith S
wave rider
wave rider

Post by Keith S »

Fed up with dithering. I'm definately not a Weston expert but I'm going down for a look anyway and hopefully a sail. Might see someone else there?
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Hi Keith
I'm fed up dithering too - so I'm going to load up as well. See you there.
Sue
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

Hmmm....if I lived a bit closer it would be different but the distinct possibility of an hours (minimum) drive to end up with a light wind wobble in a southerly at an overcast Weston is not filling me with too much enthusiasm at the mo. :(