Sunday 18th

What Nomadic events are coming up. Also, if anyone's planning a non-Nomadically-arranged trip and/or looking for others to join in.

Moderator: Moderators

Sue
surf god
surf god

Sunday 18th

Post by Sue »

Hello

Thought I'd check in before unloading the car ( ... today at Axbridge was just :D 8) :D 8) :D 8) ...) .... but no postings yet re tomorrow!!

So is anything happening? Are we BBQing and sailing at WSM tomorrow? Do we have a BBQ ??? What time do we meet? What time do we BBQ ? Do we bring our own sausage :lol: :lol: ? Should we go elsewhere?? etc etc etc, etc. Lots of questions ...

I'm keen to sail somewhere tomorrow.

What do you reckon?

Sue
Nature playing with windsurfers
Richard
surf god
surf god

Post by Richard »

Hello Sue, thanks once again for the tip re Axbridge today, had a really great sail, untill, I went out of the "front door". Now nursing a sore leg and broken sail :( don't think either will be up to much tomorrow, so will pass on the BBQ, hope all that do show have a good time, cheers, Richard
Neroli
chop hopper
chop hopper

Post by Neroli »

Hi,

We are busy tomorrow morning but planning to make it in time to sail on the falling tide and eat afterwards. We have a small BBQ you can use but it bring your own food.
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Hi Neroli

Thanks for posting re BBQ logistics. A few were wondering yesterday what the score was re today, but I'm not sure who is definitely going along.

Looking at the forecast this morning I'm not convinced there will be much wind. I was wrong (the other way though) on Friday, so I'm not 'always' right ... (I'm trying to get rid of my "top forecaster" badge for calling it right a week ago - too much responsibilty :lol: ).

Perhaps we should "ask Axel?" :wink: :D

Sue
Neroli
chop hopper
chop hopper

Post by Neroli »

We haven't tried training Axel in wind forecasting; have thought about using calibrating his ear movements for wind strength though :D

His ideal scenario will always be that there is enough wind to tempt us to the beach then light wind to maximise play time, so not sure I would trust his forecasting abilities!
Keith S
wave rider
wave rider

Post by Keith S »

We're not going to make the BBQ (that is I've been reorganised) and I'm also feeling rather sailed out from yesterday. See everyone soon.
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Decided not to got to WSM - tired after yesterday, but could have been persuaded if it were sunny and windy. So I'll stay put and get on with other things. Hope the wind picks up for anyone that goes along.
Sue