Sunday 1st August

What Nomadic events are coming up. Also, if anyone's planning a non-Nomadically-arranged trip and/or looking for others to join in.

Moderator: Moderators

Justin
surf god
surf god

Sunday 1st August

Post by Justin »

Me and Lorraine are going to the Knap again.
Not quite such a promising forecast as yesterday, but still worth a go.
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Hi Justin and Lorraine

Great call yesterday, thanks - still buzzing from it :D :D

Will give it a miss today - a little tired, and seeing as the forecast is not quite so guaranteed I have other things to get on with really

Hope the sun shines and the wind kicks in for you.

Sue
Nature playing with windsurfers
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Great session yesterday, many thanks to Justin and Sue for posting and encouraging me out. But looking at the forecast I can not quite convince myself for another long trek into the wet side, or the rock climb to get to the water.

It was a very interesting experience. For about the first hour I felt very unsure about heading out into what felt like the middle of the Bristol Channel on my Rocket125 with 6.5M, especially once you hit the wind line. A combination of fear of the lumpy unknown and probably a little too big on sail and board. Especially come back in a full speed over the top of the swell/chop.

It took me most of that hour to work up attempting gybes but once I got comfortable I really enjoyed it. I actually found gybing on the outside better than on the inside, although I won't claim any of them were text book.

I wanted to get my smaller Kombat off the car, but I just could be bothered with the climb up the pebbles and boulders. :shock: Actually the Rocket was going OK as it seems to cope reasonably well for its size, although would not want to be on some of the other boards I saw on the water.
Graham
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

Yeah, great session yesterday and good to get out at the Knap again after all these years.

Quite a different sort of lumpiness from Weston but managed to smash through most of it on my Naish 112/6.5 combo. Very well powered up but the 'Magic Stones' put me off changing down too.

Sue, you need to have a look here:

http://winsurfing.co.uk/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4366

I wonder if he's got any more?

:D :D
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Will ensure I wave and smile next time .. :-)) :D . Lovely clear photos - many thanks to whoever took them :D

I changed boards yesterday from 105 to 85, plus put masses more downhaul on my 5.5 sail with the help of my Nomads after-xmas party gift :D . That seemed to do the trick rather than rigging another sail.

Three trips back up the stones at the end of the day - I suppose it's good for us really :sweat: , plus decent footwear helps!!

What a fab day we all had though, and a good laugh too. J&L should be having a great time right now.

Can't wait for the next trip. :D
Sue
Justin
surf god
surf god

Sunday

Post by Justin »

Same again today :D .
kelvin
surf god
surf god

Post by kelvin »

magic stones done their trick again today :lol:
plenty wind 12-6pm

pic from today

forget dreaming "its time to loop"
kel www.winsurfing.co.uk
Justin
surf god
surf god

Post by Justin »

Thanks for the photo Kelvin.
Nice one! :P
kelvin
surf god
surf god

Post by kelvin »

another one of you brizol boys I believe , name unknown

kel www.winsurfing.co.uk
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

Pity I couldn't make it on Sunday, looks like another good one. Amazing how there's wind at the Knap when there's hardly any anywhere else.

Don't know who the sailor is, I'm pretty sure he's not a Nomad and I don't recognise him from Weston either.

I'm still looking forward to the day when I get my picture taken on the sunny side, was hoping I might have got one on Saturday. :D
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

.. maybe smile sweetly at the photographer, Matt .. or do a trick ..:D

I don't recognise that windsurfer, nor the board, either ..

Lovely photos, thanks Kelvin - good to see the pics of everyone, and worth visiting the sunny side for :D

Sue
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

I don't recognise the mystery man either, but then again my visits to the wet side are normally limited to Llandegfedd.

Matt you have to admit that you and I are not quite as photogenic as the others. Looking on the BWA site I think the best I managed was a blur on to the horizon of one of the shots of a young lady.

That's me with blue board and red/greeny-yellow Storm. Same sale as my avatar. It may well be you further out but black sails just don't cut it :wink:
Graham
kelvin
surf god
surf god

Post by kelvin »

dude claimed he was a nomad - but i did'nt check his passport !

took over 1000 pics so most are on facebook as they clod forums up .

but one last one mrs j on Mr j's kit
kel www.winsurfing.co.uk
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

So we have a mystery Nomad, ......interesting.......Anyone going to own up? Green board, could be an old Fanatic Bee maybe? :???:

And yes Graham, I can see that I might not be as photogenic as the girl with the colourful hair, and I had a black sail, but my boards got some blue, yellow and green wavy lines on it so it deserves a picture. :lol:

Wonder if the Saturday pictures are somewhere on Facebook too?
kelvin
surf god
surf god

Post by kelvin »

sats pics from dave !
dave dont do facebook , but he has a website where he posts em

http://eyeballphotography.co.uk/
kel www.winsurfing.co.uk