Pub, Thurs 12th?

What Nomadic events are coming up. Also, if anyone's planning a non-Nomadically-arranged trip and/or looking for others to join in.

Moderator: Moderators

mrvsensible
complete beginner

Pub, Thurs 12th?

Post by mrvsensible »

The events thingy shows a planned visit to the Black Horse on Thursday. Is anyone planning to go and, if so, around what time are you likely to be there?

If no one is planning on that, how about the Swan Inn in Tocklington at around 6pm? (It's closer to where I live).

Due to technical difficulties, I'm not a member of the club yet but if I promise to join, will that do for now?

Mike
Why does the wind change direction when I'm in the middle of a manoeuvre?
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

I'm not sure you will get any replies as no-one here is that sensible to organise things that far in advance!!

As you are so organised, maybe you would like to take over organising the BBQ for next summer's WSM BBQ event !! :D

Not sure I'll make it tomorrow evening as I may be out at the Knap!!

Sue
Nature playing with windsurfers
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Didn't mention timing - usually people meet up from about 8.00 - 8.30pm. Sometimes you have to search them out as they hide in back rooms (as I found out on my first social when I didn't manage to find anyone ...so went home again!!)

Sue
Neroli
chop hopper
chop hopper

Post by Neroli »

Ian and I are planning to be at the pub tonight (it one of our favourites). We are unlikely to be there much before 9 pm as Ian is working in London today. I'll try to remember to bring our Nomad yearbook so that it is easier to spot us.
mrvsensible
complete beginner

Post by mrvsensible »

Sue:
Thanks for the info. Given my current skills, any recovery from a fast flowing tide is likely to involve the use of a lifeboat (which I gather is none too popular with the locals) so I think I ought to avoid the Knap for now and head for the pub instead.

As for next summer’s BBQ; I think I should find out what’s involved (or, at least, meet someone from the club) before making any commitment.

Neroli:
Thanks for your posting. I’ll aim to get to the Black Horse for 9 (ish). Since I don’t have any Nomads paraphernalia, I’ll try and bring a board along so that I’m recognisable (that’s a model board, taking a full size board into a pub would be silly).

Mike
Why does the wind change direction when I'm in the middle of a manoeuvre?
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Didn't go to the Knap as it wasn't looking sunny enough to swing the wind round to the SW (preferred direction if I was to be there on my own!!). Looks NW at the moment - so probably a wise decision!!

Re the WSM BBQ, Mike - probably just needs someone to ensure that there is a BBQ there for use! :D (I will end up with this task myself if I don't shut up ... so I had better shut up!!. :lol: )

Am planning on popping along this evening too - will catch up with whoever is there.

Sue
Last edited by Sue on Thu Aug 12, 2010 17:09, edited 1 time in total.
Steve G
had a lesson
had a lesson

Post by Steve G »

Mike. As a recent newcomer to the Nomads I found the one pub social I have been to a good way to meet others. I should hopefully get there tonight sometime around 9pm. Steve