Friday with Bill

Tell us all about what kind of day/ weekend/holiday you had.

Moderator: Moderators

Matt
surf god
surf god

Friday with Bill

Post by Matt »

Superb day at Weston yesterday catching the tail end of Hurricane Bill. A fairly steady F6/7 meant 4.7 & Evo 80 for me, most others using smaller sails if they had them (4.2 would've plenty for me). I was almost in control some of the time and just happy to get some wave wiggling and decent gybes in. Stayed down at the Uphill end though since very lumpy towards the pier. Lots of jumping going on and Adrian put in a surprise appearance so I had someone to show me how its done. Quite a few familiar faces out too, including WW Rich on a Starboard Quad 76 (yep, 4 fins). The very neapy tide also kept the sea off the posts so it didn't get too messy even at high tide. And it was even sunny most of the time too.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Best not to say much about the drive home though. :(
Adrian
surf god
surf god

Post by Adrian »

Arrived to find sun and a smiling Matt due to plenty of wind. Thinking 4.7 I went to the waters edge to find someone desperatly putting more downhaul on a 4.2 - he said he was well oveerpowered and pointed to 2 guys on 3.7's who looked powered up. So 4.0 for me with Matt on his smallest 4.7! Rich from Windy World was on a 4.5.

A fantastic epic WSM session which I later realised is my first session at Weston this year and only just breaking me into double figures!

Was intending to drop into Windy World on the way home with my credit card as I figured Rich was going back but the M5 defeated that hope so I hit the back lanes to cut across country along with the majority of the M5 traffic!!!

Adrian
AlistairJ
water starter
water starter

Post by AlistairJ »

Weston on the August bank holiday weekend?

Are you mad?

Really I am just envious that you had a good session :)
Alistair
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

The traffic north would have been OK I think if the M5 bridge hadn't been closed due to an 'incident'. Despite that, it was well worth the trip.

Rich?

kelvin
surf god
surf god

Post by kelvin »

ohh i just love the blue water shots from the mare !
very similar winds on the sunny side at newton
swell was huge out the back , but inside was a bit wind blown so real good waves to ride .

water a lighter shade of brown as well
forget dreaming "its time to loop"
kel www.winsurfing.co.uk