Axbridge Saturday 17th

Tell us all about what kind of day/ weekend/holiday you had.

Moderator: Moderators

Keith S
wave rider
wave rider

Axbridge Saturday 17th

Post by Keith S »

Great day at Axbridge :D Sun, wind, water all day!! Good to see Sue, Graham, Richard and Alison, Martin and possible new Nomad Rachael.
If you guys could email me what kit you were out on I could do a short bit for the newsletter. It was an Away Day after all. Unless somebody else feels so inclined
Richard
surf god
surf god

Post by Richard »

Hello Keith, agree, it was a really good day, I was on a Carve 145 with a Tush 7m rig, clocked 23knots on the knot-om-meter, althought must admit that Sue did better, if you could send me a PM with your e-mail address, I can send though some pic's that Alison took, cheers, Richard
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Hi Keith and Richard

What a great day yesterday! :D :D Still buzzing this morning despite a sore body and hands. Really good to sail with so many Nomads (and potential new Nomad, Rachael) and the regular Axbridgers too.

Wind was quite consisent, especially early to mid afternoon (for a W), which allowed plenty of flat water bombing around and gybe practise! Enjoyed being well-powered up on a 6.5 and 105. Tried out Richard's knot machine - it read 23.3 knts when I returned to shore, which was thought respectable ..

Hope your knee recovers quickly Richard and doesn't keep you off the water. Thanks Alison for the yummy cakes.

How was WSM for the alternative Nomad outing? Good sailing/ kiting sessions too?

Sue
Nature playing with windsurfers
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

iSonic 155 with my tushhy T3 7.5 went really well early on for an hour or so. But got a bit bumpy on the far side, and I was getting sore legs locking down the mid-in board footstraps in the gusts , also ending up well down wind with the Gybe turning circle of the QE2. So I got out the Rocket 125 for the rest of the afternoon, which turned quicker but occasionally wetter.

Not my best day at Axbridge, that has to be the day I cracked my first Waterstart there about 5 years back, but pretty good compared with the forecast mid-week.
Graham