WSM Thurs 5th

Tell us all about what kind of day/ weekend/holiday you had.

Moderator: Moderators

Matt
surf god
surf god

WSM Thurs 5th

Post by Matt »

Great afternoon at Weston today. Really neapy tide meant the water never reached the posts so the wavy playground was fully operational the whole time. 5.7 & 96 litres was enough for me to be nicely powered up and the waves were probably the best I've enjoyed there this year, nicely shaped and well spaced out.

Sue was out too testing out her baby Acid along with a handful of other sailors and a couple of kites. Sunny too, what's not to like? :lol: 8) :lol:

Oh yeah, nearly forgot, the webbing holding my harness hook on broke leading to a surprise wipe out and while packing up I noticed my 430 mast is starting to crack at the joint. Yippee, shopping time!
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Yes, fantastic sail - don't you just love this sport when it comes together; the sun, the wind, the tides, your kit and lots of people :D :D :D

Started on a 4.7 and 85l, overboarded so changed down to the 74 litre acid ( recentish purchase second- hand from our favourite shop :D ).
Board was a dream - so controllable, manoeverable and just felt safe in the waves/ mush. Shows what a difference the right size board makes from being run away with and uncomfortable bouncing at speed over the waves, to loving it.

Next challenge will be to try and gybe it - only 52 cm, so I think that will keep me occupied for a long while. May have to stick with pussy gybes for the time being!! :D :D

Have non-windsurfing friends staying this weekend - so no water play. Monday and Tuesday may be OK though !

Have fun if you get out ..

Sue
Nature playing with windsurfers