WSM Weds 11th Aug

Tell us all about what kind of day/ weekend/holiday you had.

Moderator: Moderators

Justin
surf god
surf god

WSM Weds 11th Aug

Post by Justin »

Really good sail this evening :D .
Classic summer Weston 8) .
5.7 and 96L were perfect.
Beach was rapidly disappearing as I left!
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Got taken for a ride on my 5.5 and 85litre ... :???: .

Lovely evening though, and wind stayed till the end.

Graham was enjoying himself too -sailed until there was practically no beach to derig on !!

Sue
Nature playing with windsurfers
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Yep don't you love it when a plan comes together. :D

Got there about 5-20 and parked half way down the beach next to Sue to unload kit. Soon joined by Sean from my work who likes Weston :???: We could see this speck in the distance standing on the mud line with his kit looking at the water. Sue informed me it was Justin.

I got the board ready (despite Sue telling me how windy it was) it was not enough to convince me I needed the Kombat, so the Rocket 125 with shorter 38cm fin it was. After a false start with a 6.5, rig up my 6m when we saw Justin planning easily on his 5.7, which proved to be a good choice.

After moving the car to the back wall then walked my kit to the brown stuff that passed for water. Mind you it was only half Justin's walk but still a caused for frequent stops.

Took me a while to get used to the conditions but after that had a very enjoyable 2 hours planning. Whilst I wished I had taken the Kombat, not least as it would have made the walk easier, the Rocket handles those lumpy condition remarkable well.

Once I got used to driving over the waves actually got reasonable comfortable and fast on both tacks. I did try a few jumps with mixed success but generally focused on avoiding air time and going fast, with a remarkable number of dry turns.

Finally gave up when the yellow triangles had disappearing under the water, as I didn't want to hit one, as Sean nearly did five minutes later just before he came in. :???:

Otherwise I would have been happy to continue for a while yet. By the time I had packed up there was only about 10 yards of beach between water and the wall. :shock:
Graham