sun 29 Axbridge

Tell us all about what kind of day/ weekend/holiday you had.

Moderator: Moderators

Sue
surf god
surf god

sun 29 Axbridge

Post by Sue »

Slight N in the wind meant huge gusts, and some massive lulls !
Started on a 6.5, massively overpowered so dropped to the 5.5. Still massively overpowered at times, but then wobbling in the gaps. Got fed up with the wobbling, so went back to the 6.5 and my last session on that was the best of the day. Think the wind had evened by the end of the afternoon. Beautiful sunshine and blue sky too towards the end.

Lots of people out - and alot of rig changing to try to work out what was best in the conditions. Almost an unofficial Nomad meeting - with Keith, Martin H, Bob, and Rachael. Hardly any boats either :D :D

A good bank holiday weekend for sailing after all :D 8)

Sue
Nature playing with windsurfers
Keith S
wave rider
wave rider

Post by Keith S »

Yes very gusty. Started on 7m T'bird and JP X-Cite 130. Massively overpowered in the gusts. :shock: Changed down to 6m Storm well downhauled but stayed on same board so could avoid the serious wobble sinking feeling in the lulls. :D Really good but still a bit overpowered in some of the gusts. Cloudy to start with but lovely sun later on. Wind started NW, then swung a bit more westerly ( just like Sat), then swung back NW.
It was definately a good day - really hard to get the boards back on the roof.
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Sounds like you had a better day than I. I spent a frustrating day at the start of the rugby season watching a poor game and being more distracted by the perpendicular flag on the roof of the stand opposite :evil: Oh, and Bristol lost in the last play of the game just to make me feel really good :x
Graham