Club Teos Turkey

Tell us all about what kind of day/ weekend/holiday you had.

Moderator: Moderators

Val
beach starter
beach starter

Club Teos Turkey

Post by Val »

OK start with note to self – don’t leave the netbook unattended within Graham’s reach at any point whilst on holiday and with internet access available.

Club Teos – exclusively Neilson – this was a holiday booked so I, as a non windsurfer, could ‘do’ things as well – and from that point of view it worked well. As a beach club plus (rather than a plain beach club) there was a lot on offer besides the windsurfing and sailing. There was tennis, biking and fitness going on as well – we were advised at the welcome meeting to pick out our main activity and then fit anything else around it. Wise words – although we had not gone to the extreme that some had and packed highlighter pens to mark our timetable for the week (No I’m not kidding – some people did).

I booked up for fitness, and girls – when you have a tall, blond Lithuanian bloke (possibly late 20s/early30s) who is rumoured to be an ex army boxing champ (with the muscles to show for it) – and he’s very enthusiastic and encouraging – well you just have to go for it. I managed early morning yoga and at least one other class – every day. (Although I’m not sure Graham appreciated the early alarm every day to ensure I got to class on time!)

The resort is on a hill and is built in, apparently, a traditionally Turkish village style with cobbled paths. Despite the fact that it sounds a bit difficult, the place was fairly popular with families – we avoided the school hols but there were a fair number of families with small kids/babies there in our second week. There were a good number of nannies and the kids seemed to be enjoying themselves.

I’ll leave the windsurfing brief to Graham. For the rest – as with all Neilson resorts this suffers from being some distance from anywhere else which means a taxi or dolmus to the nearest village (and the flexible meal plan could mean you have to venture out several times a week unless you go for the bar smacks/meals). The meals that are included are all buffet style and are a cut above pretty well all other Neilson resorts we have experienced before. The local (Turkish) staff are all brilliant – bar, restaurant, beach – they are all incredibly helpful and friendly. Rooms are basic and, despite being on a hill, there are no sea views due to trees, gardens and general green stuff. (Which does mean that once you’re away from the beach it’s quite cool and shady.)

Personally I only have one gripe. Ramos (fitness inrtructor) didn’t want to turn anyone away from a class and some people were either selfish (or arrogant) enough to think that they could just turn up without booking so there was always the potential for there not being enough equipment (mats/fit balls etc). I always booked and tried to turn up early enough to make sure I had kit. I did mention it to the guys in the info centre but they didn’t seem greatly interested. It was a small but irritating blip in a good holiday for me – and, as you all know – I’m not someone who’s really into a windsurfing holiday.