WSM Saturday

Tell us all about what kind of day/ weekend/holiday you had.

Moderator: Moderators

Justin
surf god
surf god

WSM Saturday

Post by Justin »

Much better than expected today at WSM - warm, sunny and windy, with just one very short (but heavy :shock: ) shower just before the water ran out/mud appeared.
5.7/96L for me, Lorraine on 5.0/80L. Fun sailing in the 'friendly' neapy tide :D .
Just Nomad Matt and a few other WSM regulars out.
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

Yeah, really good session today and felt like a bit of a bonus after the dodgy forecast. 6.5 was just the right size for me on the 112L board. Must've been a little bit of south in the wind too as I seemed to be heading out at more of an angle than usual today, but the wind was pretty steady anyway. Surprisingly few kites too.:D

M5 was slow but as it was expected I was in the right mindset to deal with it.

Should've been here yesterday.
Mouser73
beach starter
beach starter

Post by Mouser73 »

Really interesting to see the difference in sail sizes at different venues. Here at Minehead, we were overpowered on 4.5's on Saturday.
Today we were on the same kit, and again in the end 4.2's would have been better. We did have some waves though. feeling a little beaten up;)

Cheers,

James.
Adrian
surf god
surf god

Post by Adrian »

I headed over to South Wales for the weekend and sailed at Averavon. Saturday saw just one windsurfer out and a dozen kites with cross shore wind about 5.2 weather for windsurfers and a small but nice freindly wave rolling in. As I had got off a night flight from the US with no sleep thanks to 8 hours of screaming child (not mine) I was pretty tired and by the time I had got home and loaded and down to the beach it was late afternoon so only managed a couple of hours but they were quality :P

Sunday was a teaser with the locals expecting the sea breeze to kick in around 2.00pm so after sleeping for 12 hours straight and a lazy beakfast I went for a walk with Jackie. By 12.30 there were white horse evereywhere and I got back to the van around 1.45 rigged and the clouds came in and the wind was gone for the day :cry:

Monday was very wet, only 3 or 4 kites and no wind surfers but the wind was 4.5 weather dropping t 5.2 weather later. I had a bad session with lots of issues starting when I dropped my first gybe in the very large waves and dropped the kite over reaching for the board. I then got a real trashing as each wave took the kite under so as the lines go tight you accelerate forward then as the kite goes under you are dragged under - very unpleasant :roll: I decided to hit the safety and swim in as I was alone on the water and recovered the kite in the shore break. Other kit problems meant that I did not really get my act together until the afternoon when after 5 hours the few other kiters had arrived and left and I finally called it a day while I could still walk and still had a short swim in me if necessary :wink: By now conditions were very challenging as high tide and you need skill, timing and a bit of luck to get out - lots of chicken gybes!!!!!

Adrian
Having fun on the Dark Side

The Dark Lord
ambrosia
harness user
harness user

Post by ambrosia »

Glad you all had a nice day

Cheers Simon
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

Nice pics there Simon, pity you missed my loop attempts....again! :D
Should've been here yesterday.
Justin
surf god
surf god

Post by Justin »

Shame your injury stopped you getting on the water...but we did get some great pics out of it :D .
Hope the finger is fully waterproof again now.