Moon Beach

Tell us all about what kind of day/ weekend/holiday you had.

Moderator: Moderators

Keith S
wave rider
wave rider

Moon Beach

Post by Keith S »

Hello from Moon Beach. It's got far too civilised - can do internety type stuff. The new centre is awesome. Apart from that it's much the same.
Friday was straight onto 4.5s. Bit of a shock. Saturday was 5.5s. Sunday light wind twiddly freestyle - how nice to have soft topped beginners boards. Temperature is lovely.
Time for a beer.
Keith and Brian.
:D :D :D :D :D :D
No matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of beers.
Richard
surf god
surf god

Post by Richard »

Hello Keith & Brian, good to hear you are enjoying yourselves, if you get a chance, would be interested in your views of the "apartment", believe its part of the latest moon set-up, be safe, cheers, Richard
Ian Long
surf god
surf god

Post by Ian Long »

Friday night at the beer festival was nearly as full on as 4.5m weather and the trip home nearly as wobbly - glad to report we all made it safely though :-)

have a great holiday
Ian
If found, please return to the pub.
Keith S
wave rider
wave rider

Post by Keith S »

Now day 7. We've had a couple of light wind days and just had another 2 full on 4.5 days.
Brian's been up to the clinic in Ras Sudr to have 2 stitches in a toe which he cut on a fin. I've bashed my shoulder and ribs and put some part of me through a 4.5 Ezzy - it was a nice sail.
Getting rather chilled out.
Sun just setting - time for a G & T.
Brian and Keith
No matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of beers.
Keith S
wave rider
wave rider

Post by Keith S »

Now back home :(
Days 8 - 12 were all 4.5m days in the morning, dropping off in the afternoon. Used an RRD 78L Freestyle Wave a lot - smallest board I've ever sailed. Even had a 4.2m on it one day.
Brian also managed to wreck a sail.
Supplies of Tonic were a bit erratic.
On the journey back to Cairo there were rather more soldiers and armoured cars at the check points than when we arrived.

Moon Beach delivered once again and with the same personel touch.