Daymer Bay

What Nomadic events are coming up. Also, if anyone's planning a non-Nomadically-arranged trip and/or looking for others to join in.

Moderator: Moderators

Liddlerich
chop hopper
chop hopper

Daymer Bay

Post by Liddlerich »

Does anyone who is going to Cornwall next weekend have a spare beginners board that my girlfriend could use or borrow, so that she can get in a bit of windsurfing while we are there?

Also, is there anywhere nearby that we could rent mountain bikes from - if there is no wind that is?
Vulcan't
Ian Long
surf god
surf god

Post by Ian Long »

There are a few bike shops in Wadebridge, half way along the Camel trail - giving you the option of heading towards Padstow or towards Bodmin. Last time we were there, we found some cross country trails in Dunmere Wood, on the north side of Bodmin.

If there is wind for me to be on a smaller board, my Techno would be spare and available.

Our current plan is to head down there late on Friday night. :-)
If found, please return to the pub.
DudleyB
novice
novice

Daymer Bay

Post by DudleyB »

There are lots of much better beginner boards about(Ian's techno for a start)but if you want a backup and have the capacity to take it then you are welcome to borrow my F2 Comet.I am around Bristol on Thursday so I could drop it off if req'd.Just let me know by Wednesday Night.

Dudley Brown
could try harder
Liddlerich
chop hopper
chop hopper

Post by Liddlerich »

Thanks for the offers guys.

I'm not going to be around on Thursday to collect the Gecko, and I'm not sure it would fit in my van - thanks though, it is a kind offer.

Ian - cheers for the Techno offer. That would be great. She won't want to windsurf for hours and hours and would be happy with a quick go if there is time.

What is the plan. We will go down on Friday night too. Are people camping as we would like to stay in my van. I won't be able to go to the pub on Thursday, so would someone mind posting rough details on here ie when you are going, where you are camping / staying etc.

Look forward to seeing some of you at the weekend. Not looking too windy though. :cry:
Vulcan't
Liddlerich
chop hopper
chop hopper

Post by Liddlerich »

Sorry Dudly - I meant thanks for the offer of the Comet.
Vulcan't
Al Donald
surf god
surf god

Post by Al Donald »

We are planning to go on Friday evening, slumming it in a B&B.
Hopefully the forecast will have sorted itself out by then!
Not sure yet whether we'll make it to the social, but hopefully there will be a good crowd of Nomads on Saturday at Daymer. Having missed out for the last two years I'm looking forward to returning - a great place to visit even if the wind don't blow... could take bikes I suppose...
Al Donald
surf god
surf god

Post by Al Donald »

Forecast looking OK for a sail on Saturday pm, lighter on Sunday - probably cycling weather. Taking boards and bikes. Won't make social tonight, too busy loading car! See you there on Saturday. :D
Ian Long
surf god
surf god

Post by Ian Long »

Neroli and I are going. The van is half loaded at the moment..... 8)
If found, please return to the pub.
Liddlerich
chop hopper
chop hopper

Post by Liddlerich »

We are heading down there this afternoon. We'll probably head for Polzeath tonight and find a camp site.

If anyone else is camping and fancies meeting up my number is 0771 1517 386.

Actually, Id' be grateful if someone could give me a call and let me know what the plans are.

Cheers!
Vulcan't