WSM 6 July Monday afternoon

Tell us all about what kind of day/ weekend/holiday you had.

Moderator: Moderators

Mark Gregory
carve gyber
carve gyber

WSM 6 July Monday afternoon

Post by Mark Gregory »

Arrived at Weston at 3.30pm, met Sue who was keen to pop her WSM cherry!
I was keen to get out there as this was my 3rd sail this year, so was going through withdraw symptoms!! At first the conditions looked scary, but other windsurfers appeared on the scene and after a chat with a few, who assured us it wasn't as bad as it looked! We commence to rig up to get on the water for 5pm.
Sue was on a 4.7, JP 85L and did well to get out through the chop and she had a good first WSM sail! Talk about beginners Luck! Damn she's good!! Me, well on a 4.0m and a 75L board I over estimated the wind strength, got going a couple of times but was under powered and I think the Gods were telling me to change up as I put my knee through my sail - whoops, I didn’t feel so bad, after I saw a chap with a broken mast and sail. Also Tony with a missing tooth, Ouch! Apart from all that, Sue and myself enjoyed the Weston Adventure.
Welcome to the Surf
Ian Long
surf god
surf god

Post by Ian Long »

Excellent - welcome to the 3 dimensional world
If found, please return to the pub.
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

...and (.... as I'm finding out :roll: ) also the world of never getting your car clean from WSM sand ever again! It was great fun though!
Sue
Mark Gregory
carve gyber
carve gyber

Post by Mark Gregory »

Thanks Ian it's nice to be part of the 3 dimensional world - at last! Also still clearing the sand out of my van, bucket and spade anyone?
Welcome to the Surf