Sunday WSM 27/6

What Nomadic events are coming up. Also, if anyone's planning a non-Nomadically-arranged trip and/or looking for others to join in.

Moderator: Moderators

Sue
surf god
surf god

Sunday WSM 27/6

Post by Sue »

Possibly getting ahead of myself - but Sunday evening could be OK at WSM from about 5.30pm? Would mean missing the footie, but I could live with that for a good sail!
Anyone else up for it the wind looks like delivering?
Sue
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

oooo - promoted from a "beach starter" to "harness user" now :lol: :lol:
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Hello ... anyone ??
BBC website is showing 14mph this afternoon/ evening. So with the magic WSM local factor there could be more. Anyone else clutching at straws and thinking there may be a chance of a sail later today ???
Sue
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

Hi Sue, it's pretty quiet on here these days isn't it. Anyway, if I hadn't just come back from Turkey I'd be giving WSM serious consideration.....
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Hi Matt
Nice to know I'm not talking only to myself . Currently 13mph in Weston, so it should pick up some more. Decision time - footie, windsurf, footie, windsurf .... ahh, I hate being indecisive !!
Hope you had a great time in Turkey and scored better winds than in Dahab.
Sue
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

So was it any good on Sunday Sue?

I'm afraid this year's wind shortage followed me to Turkey too. I only managed to get out 4 times, once on 5.5 and the rest 6.5. I wasn't too surprised though as I was expecting it to be 50:50. Despite June supposedly being a good month, Datca (or Turkey generally) doesn't get anywhere the same reliable wind stats as Dahab. Also, everyone was saying it's been a funny year there too with unusual weather patterns.
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Hi Matt
Yes, went to WSM on Sunday to actually get away from the footie in the end ... :evil: :evil:

There wasn't quite enough wind. I had not taken my big kit, so was under powered on a 5.5 and 85l, but had fun just playing around in the shallows on it ( I daren't go out far as it was too light to waterstart). I think I may have got going on larger kit, though.

Anyway, it was lovely up there in the warm evening sun. Had just got the camera out at the end of the day to capture the evening light (complete with a daytripper's car about to be swamped by the incoming tide :lol: :lol:), only the family returned at speed, and just in time, to move it. Spoilsports :lol: .

Looking ahead (early days I know) but the end of the week/ weekend could be OK - Portland on Sunday maybe ...

Sue
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Ahhhh - I see Lord T has been online. He has been very quiet so far this year .... should we be worried ? :) :)