Saturday 17th.July

What Nomadic events are coming up. Also, if anyone's planning a non-Nomadically-arranged trip and/or looking for others to join in.

Moderator: Moderators

Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Saturday 17th.July

Post by Graham_U »

Is anyone planning to make the Axbridge trip on Saturday? With the current forecast it looks like it could be OK for an afternoon session. given the normal hassle to get in and out of Axbridge I'm not keen unless the trips on.

1300 18 °C W 12 mph 33 mph Very Good
1600 19 °C W 17 mph 30 mph Very Good

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ ... ather.html
Graham
Justin
surf god
surf god

Post by Justin »

Forecast looks good for Axbridge Saturday :) .
However, could also be a really good sail (on the outgoing tide) at Weston in the afternoon! :P
The 'official' meet is Axbridge, but I'm feeling the temptation.
What do others think?
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Hi Justin and Graham

I'm looking to sail somewhere tomorrow. Skunked today by the wind at WSM, so I don't feel qualified to predict where is best for tomorrow!! However it will be windier at WSM than at Axbridge, but Axbridge is good for hanging around all day, and if it really does blow in then with W wind, blue sky and sun it can be fantastic there.

I think I'm veering toward Axbridge for tomorrow - only because I'd like to go out for the whole day whereas WSM will be a couple of hours only.

I'll listen out to hear what Richard Anguin has to say this evening and check in with you later or first thing tomorrow morning.

Anybody else joining us? I know Alison was looking forward to her first on-the-water Nomad christening tomorrow if we are at Axbridge ....

Sue

The wind is currently howling round my house - why can't the tide be in NOW at WSM :evil: :evil:
Nature playing with windsurfers
Timo
had a lesson
had a lesson

Post by Timo »

Hi,

I will most probably be going to WSM tomorrow. Should be good..

Timo
Timo
had a lesson
had a lesson

Post by Timo »

Quick question

How do you change the ability level under your username?? Im no seasoned pro but defo not a beginner :lol:
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Hi Tim

You need to get posting :D :D :D

95 posts takes you to a 5 star waterstarter status :lol: :lol:

Sue
Timo
had a lesson
had a lesson

Post by Timo »

Well here is another post..... Did anyone get out today at WSM... Unfortunately my work got in the way so I couldn't come out and play...
Steve G
had a lesson
had a lesson

Post by Steve G »

Hi all

I didn't manage to get out at all this week and like Sue was moaning at the tide times today with this wind. Still I will be heading for WSM tomorrow and hoping the wind is still blowing. Look forward to seeing Timo there and hope that those that opt for Axbridge have fun

Steve
Keith S
wave rider
wave rider

Post by Keith S »

I'm going to head for Axbridge since a Westerly will be ok. Not as good as Weston tho'.
Was at Axbridge yesterday evening and, although I was supposed to be instructing, got a good half hours blast. :D Interesting on a borrowed 144 carve and 6.5m in yesterdays wind. :shock:
Water is a bit over half way down the concrete slope which is ok for getting in but not so good for getting out because it's rather slippery. Some bits of weed but mainly clear once away from the launching area.

See you there if you're going. Remember to get signed in and £10 launch fee.
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

Weston for me again I think. Hoping for some decent planing action after today's semi-skunking. £1 for parking. :wink:
Richard
surf god
surf god

Post by Richard »

Hi Sue, not sure Alison will make her debut, she has signed up for the Midnight Walk in aid of St Peter's Hospice come midnight tomorrow night in Bristol, so, may well be asleep in the back of our new wagon, I hope to be on the water there at Axbridge though, cheers, Richard
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Hello

Looks like the W wind is picking up (15mph at Bristol Airport). I'm off now to check out Axbridge - if it doesn't look like doing anything, then I'll move onto WSM. Hopefully there will be decent wind for the whole day.

Look forward to seeing Richard and Alison, Graham, Keith up there. Hope the rest of you have a great time at WSM - I'm sure you will.

Is anyone out tomorrow?

Sue
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Time to pack the car, it looks like Axbridge as I'd like a decent session, and I think the best wind is well after the tide at Weston. But I'm getting worried by my Weston tendencies recently and have been known to change my mind on route :???:
Graham
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Hi Graham
Timing of the tides/ wind etc is one of my reasons for Axbridge as there still could be plenty of wind around when there is no water at WSM! But then again, 2 hours decent wind at WSM could be better than not quite enough at Axbridge
It's a lottery!

Sue