Westridge woods near Wotton under edge

Info about where to crash. Also the place to post details of routes, GPS tracks, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

AlistairJ
water starter
water starter

Westridge woods near Wotton under edge

Post by AlistairJ »

Hi,

This is what I consider my local patch. Its perfect for a weekday evening ride after work in the summer, when the mud has dried out and there are only a few random dog walkers to worry about. There is a set of bridleways to ride, plus some cheeky singletrack, and even some dirt jumps in an old disused quarry.

Park in the main car park in Wotton under edge and ride up the hill on the old London road. Or at North Nibley and ride up the steep bridleway to the quarry.

The paths on top of the hill are fine for beginners and hardtails and some of the singletrack is fun but there is nothing extreme or technically demanding.

If anyone wants to give this a go, send me a PM and I can meet you up there to show you around.
Alistair
MartinF
surf god
surf god

Re: Westridge woods near Wotton under edge

Post by MartinF »

AlistairJ wrote:This is what I consider my local patch.
Err - are we missing a diagram or map? Not sure if you'd intended to attached something.

I'd certainly be up for a ride round there, although previous experiences have revealed a high mud-quotient for the area.
It's an ill wind that never blows at all.
AlistairJ
water starter
water starter

Post by AlistairJ »

Sorry no map. Yes it gets muddy, only really worth it in the summer once everything has dried out. We were up there last week and apart from us there were several others scooting around. And there are usually at least a few kids in the quarry on a weekend.
Alistair